Getting To Know Golf
Mastering Golf at Green Woods - with PGA Golf Professional Scott Mattiello
Green Woods Country Club offers two different junior golf programs for children and young adults up to 17 years old. GWCC junior golf programs are made to be fun while these young golfers are supervised and instructed by a PGA professional. The focus is to provide instructions specific to each individual young golfer to improve his or her golf skills as much as possible during each session. The children's golf lessons are a lot of fun. Your little golfer will want to come back to play more golf or take another lesson. Great location in Northwest Connecticut (CT) with an easy commute from nearby New York (NY), and Massachusetts (MA) areas. Program specific information is listed below and for any other questions call us at 860-379-8302.
2013 Beginner Golf Clinic
These clinics are designed to prepare anyone to play on the golf course. Each session provides golf instruction for youngsters of all ages. This clinic will be held 6 times with limited on-course time. Tailored towards beginners and those who are looking to have fun and learn basic golf fundamentals. We will be discussing components of the golf club, grip, set-up, as well as learning the rules of the game, safety, proper golf course etiquette, putting, chipping, pitching, full swing, and pre-shot routine.
- A fun parent-child activity
- Clinic is held on Saturdays: June 8, June 15, June 29, July 6, July 20, August 3
- 9:00am to 10:00am
- $20 per student per session or $30 for parent/child team
- Reserve early! This program is on a first come, first serve basis.
2013 Junior Golf Academy
This 6 week academy, for junior members 11-17 years of age is for beginners and those who are looking to improve their skills in all aspects of the game. From tee to green, junior golfers will learn the necessary fundamentals and skills required to become the best they can be. All aspects of the game will be discussed including the rules of the game, safety, proper golf course etiquette, putting, chipping, pitching, full swing, and even pre-shot routine.
- Academy is held on Thursdays; June 27, July 11, July 18, July 25, August 8, August 15
- 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Approximately 45 minutes of golf instruction plus 9 holes of competitive golf
- $185 per student (includes greens fees); $125 for Green Woods Country Club Members